I have a good firend who won’t be able to apply for deferred action because she wasn’t here a mouth earlier. I think there are still more dreamers out there in the same situation.
What Deferred Action is and is not:
What it is not: Pathway to citizenship, visa, legal residency, amnesty, permission to leave and re-enter the US, permanent residency, access to student loans or pell grants.
What it is: temporary stay of deportation, renewable every 2 years, access to work authorization, identifying oneself to immigration authorities.
We don’t know the process yet but we should keep each other updated.
Deferred Action / DREAM Update Page
Refresh often as links will change! Also check the websites of your local immigration service providers.
- DHS 6-15-12 announcement with links
- USCIS 6-15-12 page with links, FAQs
- CLINIC Legal Prosecutorial Discretion Toolkit
- NILC PD page
- ILRC Fraud Awareness page
- AILA resources page
- Immigration Policy Center DREAM Resource page
- The Center for American Progress: 6 things you need to know about deferred action andDREAM Act students
- The AILA National twitter feed with live, up to the minute updates on the latest news
- Hotlines: “Beginning June18, 2012, individuals can call USCIS’ hotline at 1-800-375-5283 or ICE’s hotline at 1-888-351-4024 during business hours with questions or to request more information on the forthcoming process.”